Wednesday 11 July 2007

Rock-a-Stack





Today Oli and I went for a drive to chaotic Miranda Fair, or as my friend Rachael from mums group calls it - 'The Jewel of the Shire'. I'd had a Target credit note for ages which had to be used by July 13, so we did the mission in to see what we could find.

I got him a cool little old school looking puffer vest, and I couldn't help but buy him a Fisher Price 'Rock-a-Stack' toy. It's the first brand spanking new toy I've bought him, and boy was he excited when we got home and I ripped it out of the packet! He looked like he was doing doggy paddle out of water.

I don't really like plastic toys, but he's getting so bored with the ones he's got, and he's still a bit little for the wooden second hand ones I've been collecting. Anyway, it's a good one for developmental skills. He ended up being more interested in the base than the rings though. Everything still goes in the mouth! All in good time.

He's getting so much closer to sitting without toppling over. We've been practicing a few times a day. Don't know about the sleeping in his own room thing though. Last night and the night before he woke about 5 times! If only he knew what I'd give to be swaddled in a cosy cot with a dummy in my mouth and someone softly stroking my head!

Sleep deprivation sux!

No comments: